Senior User Researcher
PRWD & User Research Since 2004
User research has always been a core area of specialism, from when Paul Rouke started PRWD in 2004. Over the years we have conducted behavioural research for brands including The North Face, Lakeland, Moss Bros., Bensons, Harveys, Games Workshop, Vans, The Cotswold Company, MoneySupermarket, JD Williams, Speedo, All Saints, MBNA, Monsoon, Paperchase, Speedy, Kumon, Sage, Wilko, MBS, CarTrawler and Allianz Worldwide.
Already in 2018 we have conducted user research with our partner clients which include:
- some of the UK’s most well-known multichannel retailers
- high growth pureplay retailers
- global, industry leading insurance brands
- global, industry leading sports brands
- global, industry leading retailers
- global, industry leading education providers
- global, industry leading drinks brands
- pioneering AI businesses
With our new research facility in the city centre and a continued increase in demand for behavioural research, we are looking for a Senior User Researcher to increase our expert resource at PRWD.
Where You Come In
From your extensive experiences you know that many companies aren’t very customer-led. You will have helped change the mindset within companies to one which values and invests in speaking to and listening to their customers and visitors.
We are looking for a passionate, empathetic and experienced senior user researcher who is looking to take on senior responsibilities within the agency. Working closely alongside PRWD Founder Paul Rouke, you will relish the opportunity to play a key role in helping to lead PRWD’s wide ranging behavioural research proposition for clients ranging from innovative AI startups through to some of the worlds largest brands.
Your passion and extensive experience in for understanding user behaviour in order to identify and prioritise where digital experiences can be improved, optimised and in many cases redesigned, is clearly evident. Over your research career you will have developed extremely strong research moderation skills and empathy and humility are two of your biggest strengths.
At PRWD we are either optimising specific areas of websites, redesigning core areas of a website such as checkout, navigation, my account, and application processes – or redesigning whole digital experiences through our user-centered redesign methodology. Research in many ways has and always will be one of the core inputs to all our work, so you know that you will be playing a truly integral role to the success and continued growth of the agency.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Taking a senior, leading role in our behavioural research function
- Taking ownership of our research facility and helping enhance our strategic proposition
- Developing and advocating on-going research strategies for a wide range of brands to understand their users needs
- Planning, designing, preparing and running relevant research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of digital experiences
- Delivering behavioural insights workshops and presentations to client teams including to the C-suite and senior decision makers
- Harnessing our Heuristic Evaluation Methodologies for ecommerce, lead generation and application processes to conduct evaluations and competitor benchmark reports
- Collaborating with our data team to understand the biggest opportunity areas across digital experiences to focus your research efforts
- Using a range of behavioural insight tools to develop online polls, harness session recordings, heatmaps and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research
- Closely collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team including strategists, UX designers, developers and data analysts to delivery incredible value and impact to our clients
- Represent PRWD within the UX and research community and the wider industry via blogging and speaking were suitable opportunities arise
- Support and mentor less experienced members of the team through 1-2-1s, knowledge sharing and structured development plans.
- Support our new business development team through playing an active role in discovery workshops and new client pitches
- Support the marketing team with development work and involvement in innovation projects for PRWD
Essential Skills & Attributes
- A minimum of 5 years behavioural research experience
- A minimum of 2 years 1-1 research moderation experience
- Strong empathy and genuine humility
- Experience in client facing roles were you’re responsible for sharing insights with senior decision makers and the C-suite
- People and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree or qualification in a HCI related field
- Experience in applied psychology for digital experiences
- Experience running ethnographic research studies
- Experience using research tools such as Indeemo, Whatusersdo, Usertesting.com, HotJar
Working at PRWD you’ll get
- 34 hour working week inc 4pm Friday finish
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Additional day holiday on your birthday
- Flexible working hours, including working from home
- Team building activities, from cocktail-making courses to paintballing
- Ongoing training (through various channels) and personal development plan
- Company contributed pension scheme
- Fresh fruit delivered twice a week & great coffee
- Opportunities to continually stretch yourself and your experiences
- The opportunity and help to develop your personal brand should you like to
- Genuine autonomy in your role
- An opportunity to truly accelerate your career and the impact you deliver
Please send a copy of your CV, cover letter and examples of your work to email@example.com.
Please note: only applicants who currently have the right to work in the UK will be considered for this position.