Head of UX at PRWD
Where You Come In
You are an ambitious, influential and experienced UX designer, looking for a leading, senior role within a progressive Conversion Optimisation and UX agency.
You have a deep passion for understanding user behaviour to help design customer-centric digital experiences, and you have experience of owning and running major UX projects. You pride yourself on the results and impact your work has had, from improving engagement metrics through to influencing customer satisfaction and customer lifetime value.
You have a natural ability to inspire those around you, demonstrated through your managerial and mentoring experience during your career to date.
You have gained experience working on CRO programmes, designing improved experiences which have positively impacted business KPI’s.
During your career to date, you have gained experience in a range of client facing scenarios, pitching and presenting to senior decision makers whether working in-house or agency side.
Excited by the opportunities at PRWD, you are willing to work incredibly hard to make a genuine, long term impact on the agency, our clients, and your personal growth.
What Are Your Responsibilities
- Provide senior, strategic leadership for user-centred redesign projects
- Provide senior, strategic leadership with other senior members of the team for conversion optimisation programmes
- Identify opportunities where we can deliver enhanced levels of value to our clients
- Manage a range of client projects as part of our multi-disciplinary delivery team
- Produce sketches, wireframes and prototypes for design projects including long term solutions for UCD projects and short term A/B test ideas
- Help with and manage the production of high-quality final designs ready for delivery or implementation on client websites that meet deadlines and budgets
- Deliver exceptional final deliverables for client projects
- Own and manage UCD redesign projects
- Run collaborative workshops either internally or in-house along with attending weekly meetings or calls with clients
Testing & Hypotheses
- Work with other PRWD strategists, data analysts, researchers, UX designers and developers to design test variations which significantly influence user behaviour and increase KPI’s for our clients
- In collaboration with the other senior members of the team, provide monthly reports on the effectiveness and value being delivered for the client partnerships you oversee
- Create and manage UX project documentation
Agency Strategy & New Business
- Identify and help develop new products and services for the agency which will add value both internally and for our clients
- Represent the agency alongside other senior members of the team at discovery workshops and pitches for national, international and global client accounts
- Support sales and marketing by creating high-quality collateral and materials
Management & Mentorship
- Mentor and manage the UX team at PRWD, helping with workload, learning and development
- Support with the hiring of UX designers through our interview processes
- Help set quarterly personal and business objectives for the UX team
- Maintain regular one to one check-in meetings with individual team members to help support with their objectives and progression
- Create and develop process documentation and business templates
Personal and Agency Development
- Identify opportunities to develop and deliver thought-provoking presentations to the internal team at PRWD, client teams and forums which will enhance and enrich everyone’s understanding of the importance of UX
- Write thought-provoking articles on the PRWD blog and external publications based upon your industry knowledge and experience
The above is not exhaustive. We hope you’ll be happy to develop your role with encouragement and support from PRWD. If you’re keen, we’re genuine about pushing your boundaries. We’d love to see you grow to support the business and to achieve your own personal goals.
Your Essential Skills & Attributes
- A minimum of 5 years experience in UX
- Hands-on experience of a range of UX and prototyping tools including AdobeXD, Invision and Sketch
- Managerial and mentoring experience
- Strong empathy and genuine humility
- Experience in client facing roles where you’re responsible for sharing your designs with senior decision makers
- Experience in pitching or presenting to senior decision makers within a range of organisations
- Very strong people and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
Working at PRWD you’ll receive:
- 34-hour working week inc 4pm Friday finish
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Annual company profit share scheme
- Additional day holiday on your birthday
- Flexible working hours, including working from home
- Team building activities, from cocktail-making courses to paintballing
- Ongoing training (through various channels) and personal development plan
- Company contributed pension scheme
- Fresh fruit & great coffee
- Opportunities to continually stretch yourself and your experiences
- The opportunity and help to develop your personal brand should you like to
- Genuine autonomy in your role
- An opportunity to truly accelerate your career and the impact you deliver
Please send a copy of your CV, cover letter and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: only applicants who currently have the right to work in the UK will be considered for this position.