Customer Experience Researcher
PRWD & User Research Since 2004
User research has always been a core area of specialism, from when Paul Rouke started PRWD in 2004. Over the years we have conducted behavioural research for brands including The North Face, Nike, Red Bull, Lakeland, Moss Bros., Bensons, Harveys, Games Workshop, Vans, The Cotswold Company, MoneySupermarket, JD Williams, Speedo, All Saints, MBNA, Monsoon, Paperchase, Speedy, Kumon, Sage, Wilko, MBS, CarTrawler and Allianz Worldwide.
Since the start of 2018 we have conducted user research with our clients which include:
- some of the UK’s most well-known multichannel retailers
- high growth pureplay retailers
- global, industry-leading insurance brands
- global, industry-leading sports brands
- global, industry-leading retailers
- global, industry-leading education providers
- global, industry-leading drinks brands
- pioneering AI businesses
With our research facility in the city centre and a continued increase in demand for behavioural customer experience research, we are looking for a Customer Experience Researcher to increase our expert resource at PRWD.
Where You Come In
From your experiences to date you know that many companies aren’t very customer-led. You will be passionate about helping change the mindset within companies to one which values and invests in speaking to and listening to their customers and visitors.
We are looking for a passionate and empathetic user researcher who is looking to take on exciting responsibilities within the agency. Working closely alongside PRWD Founder Paul Rouke, you will relish the opportunity to play a key role in helping to deliver PRWD’s wide-ranging behavioural research proposition for clients ranging from innovative AI startups through to some of the worlds largest brands.
Your passion and experience for understanding user behaviour in order to identify and prioritise where digital experiences can be improved, optimised and in many cases redesigned, is clearly evident. Over your research career to date you will have developed strong research moderation skills, and empathy and humility are two of your biggest strengths.
At PRWD we are either optimising specific areas of websites, redesigning core areas of a website such as checkout, navigation, my account, and application processes – or redesigning whole digital experiences through our user-centered redesign methodology. Research in many ways has and always will be one of the core inputs to all our work, so you know that you will be playing a truly integral role to the success and continued evolution of the agency.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Taking a key role alongside Paul Rouke in our behavioural research function
- Developing and advocating on-going research strategies for a wide range of brands to understand their users’ needs
- Planning, designing, preparing and running relevant research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of digital experiences
- Delivering behavioural insights workshops and presentations to client teams including to the C-suite and senior decision-makers
- Harnessing our Heuristic Evaluation Methodologies for ecommerce, lead generation and application processes to conduct evaluations and competitor benchmark reports
- Collaborating with our data team to understand the biggest opportunity areas across digital experiences to focus your research efforts
- Using a range of behavioural insight tools to develop online polls, harness session recordings, heatmaps and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research
- Represent PRWD within the UX and research community and the wider industry via blogging and speaking were suitable opportunities arise
- Support and mentor less experienced members of the team through 1-2-1s, knowledge sharing and structured development plans.
- Support our new business development team through playing an active role in discovery workshops and new client pitches
- Support the marketing team with development work and involvement in innovation projects for PRWD
Essential Skills & Attributes
- A minimum of 2 years of behavioural research experience
- A minimum of 1 year of 1-1 research moderation experience
- Strong empathy and genuine humility
- Experience in client-facing roles where you’re responsible for sharing insights with various decision-makers
- People and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Relish autonomy with remote working
- Degree or qualification in a HCI related field
- Experience in applied psychology for digital experiences
- Experience running ethnographic research studies
- Experience using research tools such as Indeemo, Usertesting.com, HotJar
Working at PRWD you’ll get
- 33 days holiday including bank holiday
- An additional day holiday for your birthday
- Total autonomy – work when you want, where you want
- An opportunity to accelerate your career with the range and scale of clients you will work with
- An opportunity to build your personal profile in the industry, sharing your knowledge and experience through contributing to our blog and speaking at events
Please send a copy of your CV, cover letter and examples of your research work to email@example.com.