“90% of A/B test results are a lie” – a bold statement from the CEO of the world’s largest specialist conversion optimisation agency.
Earlier this year I had the opportunity to interview industry thought leader and The Growth Strategy That’s Being Ignored contributor, Andre Morys.
As well as running the highly successful conversion optimisation agency Web Arts, Andre has been lecturing about usability and conferences worldwide since 2004 and his writings have been featured in popular publications such as Adzine, Internet World, and Website Boosting.
In this in-depth, thought-provoking interview, Andre shares his extensive experiences of the conversion optimisation industry: where it has come from, where it is today, and what the future has in store.
In this post, I’ve highlighted my top 10 takeaways from our interview (apologies for the quality) and included some useful links to the tools, articles, and events we mention throughout the interview.
I hope you enjoy listening!
Watch the Top 10 takeaways from Paul Rouke and Andre Morys’ interview
1. What do you feel is the general perception of conversion optimisation? [From 6:mins 30:secs]
Andre has a clear view how optimisation should really change your business from a strategic perspective.
2. You mention in The Growth Strategy That’s Being Ignored that”90% of test results are a lie” – can you expand on why you think this way? [From 19:mins 06:secs]
Andre elaborates on this eye-catching quote, explaining why test results should be independently evaluated by your data expert.
3. How much are you seeing the HIPPO (highest paid persons opinion) effect in conversion optimisation? [From 27:mins 01:secs]
Andre and Paul discuss this well-coined phrase and why we should work with the ‘HiPPO’, not vilify them.
4. What is your experience with customer-centric businesses? [From 34:mins 14:secs]
How you can discover if you are truly customer-centric, what sets us apart from our competitors and why we need both instinctive Captain Kirks and logical, rational (Captain) Spocks in our organisations.
5. Do we really need process & methodology in conversion optimisation? [From 52:mins 59:secs]
Andre and Paul reminisce how they created the “growth canvas” model and how methodology and process should always be considered as separate initiatives.
6. How do you demonstrate the impact you’re having to your clients? [From 1:hours 4:mins 0:secs]
Andre reveals his secret of how to evaluate success.
7. How can we educate decision-makers? [From 1:hours 6:mins 12:secs]
As owner of one of the largest conversion optimisation agencies, Andre has recognised Web Arts clients need clarity on many aspects of conversion optimisation and shares Web Arts goal for best-practice education and training.
8. What kind of outlook do you see for the industry? [From 1:hours 9:mins 51:secs]
Andre reveals his thoughts about the future of the digital landscape and his single vision for the industry.
9. What influence will Google Optimise have on the maturity of the Industry? [From 1:hours 20:mins 36:secs]
With Google’s latest experimentation and testing tool springing up in 2017, inevitably Andre and Paul have some interesting views on Google Optimize…
10.What valuable links do you feel our listeners will benefit from? [1:hours 22:mins 36:secs]
Andre shares his three favourite links for Optimisers the world over.