Conversion Rate Optimisation Programme
The optimisation programme is focussed on delivering genuine return-on-investment for your business through the planning and implementation of an on-going testing and optimisation strategy.
Our approach is based on a robust methodology and data driven programme of research and testing to increase the value of your business allowing you to move towards a data driven and voice of customer focussed online retailing operation.
Our approach to projects is one of collaboration, where your existing in-house expertise, knowledge and business understanding is combined with expertise the PRWD team have gained through working with a wide range of businesses in on-going user understanding and testing environments.
In addition to delivering actual commercial improvement, a primary objective of the programme is to enhance the skills, experiences and competencies of your in-house team. This will be achieved by spending time working in-house along with providing a completely transparent process that everyone can play a part in.
What is it like working with PRWD?
What Can a Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) programme do for my business?
- Increase overall site conversion rate
- Reduce shopping basket abandonment rate
- Reduce checkout funnel abandonment rate
- Increase average order value
- Increase average order quantity
- Improve marketing campaign conversion rate
- Ensure your business is accurately recording the right data within Google Analytics
- Help your internal team learn how to run CRO programmes
- Introduce and develop a culture of data driven testing and optimisation
What will a Conversion Rate Optimisation Programme Involve?
Project planning & testing tool implementation
We understand what your business wants to achieve and set goals for the project with your team. All project documents are stored in a central online project management system so you and your team have full access to project deliverables. We are Platinum Agency Partners with Optimizely, however if you already have a testing tool in place we are happy to work with your chosen tool.
Performance analysis: data & analytics configuration and review
We work with so many businesses who make key businesses decisions based on data from Google Analytics, however many businesses are making these on inaccurate data due to Google Analytics not being set up correctly, goals not recording or discrepancies between data sources. We review your Google Analytics set up to ensure the data you are getting is reliable.
Business & existing customer data understanding
Understanding where the pressure points are on your site. Segmenting your data we build a picture of the user journey and where the potential issues holding back conversion are in your website. We harness all your internal insights and customer understanding to feed into our follow-up user research and expert evaluation activities, ensuring we are getting a 360 degree view of your business and optimisation opportunities.
Conducting user research and reviewing insights
We use a range of research methods depending on the situation, in particular moderated user lab testing, prototype user testing and remote user testing. We also use our years of experience in understanding user behaviour to identify the most significant areas of opportunity for improving conversion. We create user profiles and recruit users based on your core customers, then using scenarios we have developed with you, we review the tests to produce the key insights from the research.
Test prioritisation, hypothesis & solution development
Using the research and insights, we create a set of hypothesis with rational as to why the test is crucial to help you improve your onsite conversion. We create solutions based on years of usability expertise, best practice knowledge and 100′s of previous tests to produce wireframes, prototypes and visual designs of the suggestions to improve the experience.
On-going testing & optimisation
We create a test plan allowing each test enough time to get results which are statistically sound and will not conflict with other tests. When the results are in there is the option to maintain the winning version to 100% of your visitors so that you can reap the benefits of any uplift while your in-house development team build the new solution. Throughout this ongoing phase we deliver in-house workshops and presentations to help you instil the data driven testing culture within your organisation and show the results achieved. We also provide a monthly dashboard of results and key learnings to share internally.
International Conversion Rate Optimisation Programme
We are working with major multi-national brands who have a digital presence across the world. We can run our conversion optimisation programme across multiple countries and run user research with native users. Please get in touch with us to discuss your specific requirements.
Responsive, Mobile and Tablet Conversion Rate Optimisation Programme
Some of our optimisation programmes are focussed on cross device optimisation. We have extensive experience of working with responsive, mobile and tablet websites and can apply our programme to these depending on your business.
If you are moving to a responsive design then our multi-device user centred design services will be an ideal fit for this. Brands like Schuh, AllSaints and The North Face have all worked with us for large responsive redesign projects.
Who’s a Conversion Rate Optimisation Programme for?
- Business who want to improve their onsite conversion rate, increase order size and reduce checkout abandonment.
- Primarily we work with retail businesses, however we also work with subscriptions based websites and online communities, including The Student Room, the worlds largest student community
- Ambitious business who can work in an agile way
- Businesses who can devote some technical resource to the project each month to help develop more radical designs for testing – although there are many types of tests we can run which do not require technical resource some tests will require this
- Businesses who want to work collaboratively with our team, learning and sharing throughout the project
- Businesses with a minimum of 2000 conversions per month (to allow us to run enough statistically significant tests)
- Businesses which typically get a minimum of 500,000 visitors to their website per month